Peel Ports Medway – Forest Products
As the second largest port group in the UK, each year we safely handle over 70 million tonnes of cargo from across the globe, and whether it is finding efficient routes and well connected services, close to end-destination ports or storage and freight options, we add value to every step of the process.
What we did:
- Identified and addressed significant lost time and unnecessary costs in
Forest Products operation.
- Improved vessel turnaround times
- Improved warehouse productivity by 25%
- Significantly increased tonnes handled per man hour
- Aligned resources to meet peaks and troughs in demand
Developed and implemented vessel modelling and planning control tool.
- Master scheduling, norms and performance expectations established for scheduled vessel
- Improved yard layout.
- Significant productivity. improvement within timber treatment operations
“Buy-in and enthusiasm within our management and supervisory team has been very high and this
has continued following Cannizaro’s departure.”
Chief Operating Officer